If you did not migrate your account yet, visit https://idp-portal-info.suse.com/
Welcome to the Distribution Portal edit
The openSUSE distribution is a stable, easy to use and complete multi-purpose distribution.
It is aimed for users and developers working on desktop or server. It's great for beginners, experienced users and ultra geeks, short it's perfect for everybody! openSUSE is also the base for Novell's award-winning SUSE Linux Enterprise products.
The latest release, openSUSE 11.3, features new and massively improved versions of all useful server and desktop applications. It comes with more than 1,000 open source applications.
What features does openSUSE offer you? edit
- Full desktop operating system: openSUSE has everything you need to do your work and play. Browse the web, send email, be online in social, write documents, and much more; all (for) free.
- Full office suite included: Use OpenOffice.org to create professional-looking documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more. With OpenOffice you can work on office documents created with other office suites.
- Enjoy your Internet experience, worry-free: Forget worrying about viruses and spyware. openSUSE has none, period. And the included Firefox web browser alerts you to known phishing websites, helping protect you from scams and identity thieves.
- Have fun with media: Play your music, podcasts, and videos with Banshee and Amarok. Organize, edit, share, and fool around with your photos with F-Spot or DigiKam; make new photos of yourself and your friends with Cheese.
- Live mobile: openSUSE works great on laptops and on personal handheld devices. So you don't have to be tied down to be working or having fun with openSUSE!
- Simply change: Are you coming from another operating system and want to be free with Linux? There are tons of application equivalents.
- We've got your back: openSUSE products are backed with free software updates for 18 months after release. And the openSUSE community is helpful and ready if you have any questions or problems with openSUSE.
In the news edit
- Sep 17: Thunar, Firefox, Python Update in Tumbleweed— firstname.lastname@example.org (Douglas DeMaio)
- Sep 10: KDE Gear, Plasma, systemd Update in Tumbleweed— email@example.com (Douglas DeMaio)
- Sep 06: openSUSE Results from Google Summer of Code— firstname.lastname@example.org (Douglas DeMaio)
- Sep 03: Wireshark, PipeWire, Audacity Update in Tumbleweed— email@example.com (Douglas DeMaio)
- Aug 25: Tumbleweed Updates Kismet, PulseAudio, Python— firstname.lastname@example.org (Douglas DeMaio)